Freedom Alliance Scholarship!
The Freedom Alliance Scholarship Fund was the vision of Freedom Alliance founders LtCol Oliver North, USMC (Ret.) and the late LtGen Edward Bronars, USMC. The Freedom Alliance Scholarship Fund honors Americans in their Armed Forces who have sacrificed life or limb defending their country by providing educational scholarships for their children.
Check out: The Kipona Scholarship
The mission of the Freedom Alliance Scholarship Fund is two-fold. First, it helps offset the high cost of a college education for the sons and daughters of American heroes. Second, it is a reminder to the recipient that their parents’ sacrifice will never be forgotten by a grateful nation.
The dependent children of U.S. military personnel who have been killed or permanently disabled in an operational mission or training exercise are eligible to apply. Also eligible are students who have a parent classified as a Prisoner of War or Missing in Action.
The generosity of patriotic Americans has made it possible for the Freedom Alliance Scholarship Fund to award more than $3 million in college scholarships to the sons and daughters of American heroes.
Applicants for the Freedom Alliance Scholarship Fund must be one of the following: dependent son or daughter of a US soldier, sailor, airman, guardsman, or Marine who has been killed in action; dependent son or daughter of a US soldier, sailor, airman, guardsman, or Marine who has been classified as a Prisoner of War (POW) or Missing in Action (MIA).
To be eligible for a Freedom Alliance scholarship, applicants must also be in their senior year of high school, a high school graduate, or a currently enrolled full-time undergraduate student; under the age of 26 at the time of application; and have a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
Also read: ISL Midwest Senior Scholarship
Benefits of the Freedom Alliance Scholarship
- Tuition Fee Waivers (Upto 100%)
- Health Insurance/ Health Coverage plan for students
- Scholarship Rewards of High Values
- Free Air Travel Tickets
- Free Library Access/ Free Alumni Memberships
- Sponsorship for international conference participations
- Funds to cover Book costs, Study materials, and Thesis costs
- Living Allowances with Free Accommodation
- Meal/food Costs covered in some cases
Eligibility Requirements For The Freedom Alliance Scholarship
- Special military service requirements
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
Application Requirements For The Freedom Alliance Scholarship
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Essay required
- Special requirements exist (These are specified in text.)
- Photograph required
- Driver’s license required
- Proof of dependency: birth certificate, tax form which lists dependents, or military child ID card, Certificate of Death (DD 1300)
Deadline for the scholarship